Atmel Studio 7
Studio 7 is the integrated development platform (IDP) for developing and debugging all AVR® and SAM microcontroller applications. The Atmel Studio 7 IDP gives you a seamless and easy-to-use environment to write, build and debug your applications written in C/C++ or assembly code. It also connects seamlessly to the debuggers, programmers and development kits that support AVR® and SAM devices.
Additionally, Studio includes Atmel Gallery, an online app store that allows you to extend your development environment with plug-ins developed by Microchip as well as third-party tool and embedded software vendors. Studio 7 can also seamlessly import your Arduino sketches as C++ projects, providing a simple transition path from Makerspace to Marketplace.
- Support for 500+ AVR and SAM devices
- Vast source code library, including drivers, communication stacks, 1,600+ project examples with source code, graphic services and touch functionality through Advanced Software Framework (ASF)
- IDE extensions through Atmel Gallery, the online apps store, for development tools and embedded software from Microchip and third parties
- Tune capacitive touch designs, validate system performance, monitor power consumption, and real-time data and trace graphing with Atmel QTouch Composer
- Configure and test the performance of wireless designs with the Wireless Composer running on the target
- Write and debug C/C++ and assembly code with the integrated compiler
- Advanced debugging features include complex data breakpoints, nonintrusive trace support (SAM3 and SAM4 devices), statistical code profiling, interrupt trace/monitoring, polled data tracing (Cortex-M0+ devices), real-time variable tracking with optional timestamping.
- Integrated editor with visual assist
- Project wizard allowing projects created from scratch or from a large library of design examples
- In-system programming and debugging provides interface to all Atmel in-circuit programmers and debuggers
- Create transparent debug views into CPU and peripherals for easy code development and debugging
- Full chip simulation for an accurate model of CPU, interrupts, peripherals, and external stimuli