Jump to navigation Jump to search
STM8 8-bit MCUs
- File:STM8S Series and STM8AF Series 8-bit microcontrollers Reference manual.pdf
- STM8 eForth
- File:Getting started with STM8S and STM8AF microcontrollers Application note.pdf
- File:ST Assembler-Linker User Manual.pdf
- Raisonance programmers, debuggers, C compilers support creation of applications on microcontrollers that implement ARM Cortex-M, STM8, ST7, and CoolRISC (C816) architectures. Supported families of devices include the STMicroelectronics' STM32, STM8, and ST7; the Silicon Laboratories EFM32 and C8051Fx; as well as specialized low power devices from EM Microelectronics and Semtech.
- ST's 8-bit microcontroller platform is implemented around a high-performance 8-bit core and a state-of-the-art set of peripherals. This platform is manufactured using an ST-proprietary 130 nm embedded non-volatile memory technology.
- The STM8 allows fast and safe development through enhanced stack pointer operations, advanced addressing modes and new instructions. The STM8 platform supports four product series:
STM8S, mainstream MCUs STM8L, ultra-low-power MCUs STM8AF and STM8AL, automotive MCUs
- STM8S Mainstream series
- ST’s STM8S series of mainstream 8-bit microcontrollers covers a large variety of applications in the industrial, consumer and computer markets, particularly where large volumes are concerned.
- Based on the STM8 proprietary core, the STM8S series benefits from ST's 130 nm technology and advanced core architecture performing up to 20 MIPS at 24 MHz.
- In addition to embedded EEPROM and RC oscillators, the rich number of I/Os offered and the performance of its embedded peripherals are recognized as differentiating key points versus competition.
- The STM8S series is part of ST’s 10-year product longevity commitment program for STM32 and STM8 microcontrollers, ensuring a robust and reliable solution for designers.
- The associated development toolchain from affordable discovery kits to more complex evaluation kits and third-party tools makes it easy to develop with STM8S microcontrollers.
- The STM8S series consists of 4 lines, each with different features but with full compatibility and upgradability to simplify future design changes:
- STM8S Value line offers essential features set at the most affordable price and is now available in an 8-pin SO package.
- STM8S103/105 Access line offers more features and a larger variety of packages.
- STM8S207/208 Performance line features a full set of peripherals and provides performance for medium-to high-end applications.
- STM8S Application-specific line provides more analog features and dedicated firmware solutions.
- STSW-STM8069 - STM8S/A Standard peripheral library
- Cosmic stm8 Cross Development Tools
- File:STM8 CPU programming manual.pdf