MPLAB® Harmony v3
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Embedded Software Development Framework for 32-bit Microcontrollers and Microprocessors
- Harmony - Integrate, Harmonize
- Porting complex embedded software to different microcontrollers (MCUs) and microprocessors (MPUs) can be very time consuming and expensive, wasting resources that could be better invested in the development of new applications.
- MPLAB® Harmony v3 is a fully integrated embedded software development framework that provides flexible and interoperable software modules that allow you to dedicate your resources to creating applications for our 32-bit PIC® and SAM devices, rather than dealing with device details, complex protocols and library integration challenges. It works seamlessly with MPLAB X Integrated Development Environment (IDE) and the MPLAB XC32 Compiler to enable a smooth transition and maximum code reuse between PIC32 MCUs and SAM MCUs and MPUs.
- As an extension to the MPLAB development ecosystem, MPLAB Harmony v3 requires just a few mouse clicks to enable an automated and transparent software porting capability across any of our 32-bit device family platforms that have compatible hardware capabilities. It includes MPLAB Harmony Configurator (MHC), an easy-to-use development tool with a Graphical User Interface (GUI) that simplifies device set up, library selection, configuration and application development. MHC is available as a plug-in that directly integrates with MPLAB X IDE and has a separate Java executable for stand-alone use with other development environments.
- This framework also comes with ready-to-use peripheral libraries, drivers, reusable middleware, many application examples and integrated third-party solutions, so you can focus on adding features and value to your applications while reducing your embedded software development time and costs.
What’s New in MPLAB Harmony v3?
- Support for SAM families of Arm® Cortex®-M based devices
- Free development environment
- No need to pay high licensing fees
- Easy device and library setup using the graphical configuration features and point-and-click options selections provided by MHC’s GUI
- Optimized peripheral libraries to simplify device set up, peripheral usage and debugging while saving space in device memory
- Modular downloads and updates through GitHub for better installation and configuration management
- Enables you to download just the support you need
- Simplifies updates and version management
- Easier integration with FreeRTOS while still providing the same great support for other real-time operating systems and third-party content
- Unified support for 32-bit PIC MCUs and SAM MCUs and MPUs
MPLAB Harmony v3 Includes:
- MPLAB Harmony Configurator (MHC)
- Easy-to-use development tool with a Graphical User Interface (GUI) that simplifies device setup, library selection and configuration and application development
- Available as a plug-in that directly integrates with MPLAB X IDE and as a separate Java executable for stand-alone use with other development environments
- Enabled by default for a simpler programming model whenever MPLAB Harmony v3 drivers, system services or middleware libraries are used
- Optimized peripheral libraries
- Simplify device setup while saving space in device memory
- Simplified drivers
- Provide a highly abstracted interface to peripherals
- Powerful middleware
- Adapted to hardware-specific details by driver components which provide library packages for key capabilities required by today’s embedded devices for implementing a variety of applications. Click on the Applications tab below to learn more.